Thursday, January 12, 2012

Where I Blog From ....

Just so you know what kind of mood I am in ....  The song in my head right now is the country song by Alan Jackson "Where I come From". So, when you read the title of my blog, sing it to the tune of that song.  It isn't a favorite song of mine or anything, but for some reason, came to my head as I composed this post. ANYWAY! Moving on ...


I came across a post by Just Jennifer through a blog hop today and just had to show her mine. Mine being ... the place I blog from. 

Picture a nice office. Great view of the outdoors (well, at least a view of our front yard and the neighbors houses right across the street). Tall ceilings (11 ft to be exact. Trust me. I know. I have painted that room many times in the 2 years we have lived here.)  Beautiful hardwood floors. A nice big desk. Great lighting. Comfortable leather  pleather chair (come on, I am a SAHM we all knew it wasn't real leather). Nice 24in monitors (so I can see what I am typing). Ok, got that picture in your head? Well, if not, I will show you what I am talking about. 

(please excuse the horrid pictures and coloring, these were from my phone)

Yep, there it is. My office. A perfect quiet working space. Ask me how many blogs have been written from that desk. BIG FAT ZERO! 

So, where am I blogging from? A disclosed location? Underground? 



Yep, you guessed it. Right from my very comfortable couch. And yes, in the bottom picture, that IS our dog, Beau, right behind where I would sit. We think he is part cat (we were told he was full bred Cocker). He loves to sit on the back of the couch and is terrified of water. But, he keeps me company.
 And yes, that is my sewing machine and a current project in the works. Trust me, I have a great place to sew from also. I have a whole sewing room set up downstairs. The basement is unfinished. But I have a great sewing table and all my fabric and everything I need to sew is nicely organized down there. But again, haven't used that space ONE TIME to actually sew. It just stores everything. I also have a whole other desk in the office on the other side of the room that matches the one shown in the picture. It is identical, just doesn't have the hutch on top. That desk top is empty. Just stores my "I use this sewing thing all the time" supplies and holds the machine when I am between projects. For some reason. I am more productive when I am sitting in the middle of the family room, with the family all around in total chaos. But hey, doesn't matter where I write from. I am enjoying every second of it!

 Thanks for letting me share my blogging "area" with you. Hope you all weren't too frightened! And thank you again Jennifer from Just Jennifer for the fun idea!

13 comments:

  1. So typical that you would have a set up, but not use it. I had that for awhile too, and then dismantled it. I'm talking about for crafts. So glad you found me and linked up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have moved my crafting areas so many times, always ends up in the family room! glad I found your blog. I really enjoy it.

      Delete
  2. wow nice
    new follower of ur blog
    now follow my blog
    http://glamorousgirlblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! i am now following you!

      Delete
  3. ROFL. I love the fact you have two areas all set up that don't get used. They look nice though. Everything and I mean everything ususlly ends up in my bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if I ended up in my bedroom ... NOTHING would get done. The couches are bad enough for comfort that it is easy to procrastinate on things.

      Delete
  4. It's funny how very few of us actually use those lovely designated areas. At least yours remains clean and pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it remains clean and pretty as long as the KIDS stay away from it :)

      Delete
  5. Ok, it's done. I passed the award on. This was fun.
    http://amommytoamommy.blogspot.com/2012/01/happy-new-year-im-back.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely home :) & what a great blog, girls are sooo much fun :) following form MBC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am following your blog now! Looking forward to getting to know you better in the blogging world :) welcome back

      Delete
  7. Y'know, at my old house, I had a desk too.

    I blogged from the couch.

    I still do. Heh.

    ReplyDelete