Friday, January 6, 2012

8 years!

So, right now, I am in the middle of a project. Not enough progress yet to post pictures, so I thought I would reflect. Tonight's blog really doesn't have much to do with anything pink or crafty. But, it has everything to do with how I got to where I am in life ... which is surrounded by pink!
Mike and I were lying in bed talking about our anniversary. It will be 8 years on Tuesday. Of course, shortly after our conversation he is fast asleep, and I was wide awake (thanks to some pain meds I took that apparently were full of caffeine). I was thinking about how far we have come and how much has changed since we first met. Then, Kynslee started coughing. She coughed on and off for a good 5 minutes before I finally gave in and woke her up to give her some water and then she was ready to party. So, here we are at 1 AM hanging out in the family room trying to wind back down (while Mike is hopefully getting some sleep).
Anyway, mentally I was listing all the things we have experienced since we first got married, and eventually I couldn't keep track in my mind anymore ... so I decided to start typing it all up. Are you ready? Here it goes ... (TRUST ME, NO QUIZ AT THE END ... so feel free to skip to the end ) ...


                  2003
v  Feb  - Meet in Behrman's Resume class
v  May - go on first "unofficial date" to Pizza Hut; niece Izabella born
v  June -we graduated college,  I move to Spfld, Mike drives up for Kaelyn's 1st b-day and we begin  "officially dating"
v  Aug - I get a new job
v  Sept - Mike gets a job in Spfld and moves from MO
v  Oct - Mike proposes
v  November - take our first "family vacation" to see my sister's family in FL
                   2004
v  Jan - we get married/move in together - at Mike's apartment
v  Feb - buy our first cars as "married couple"
      Mike - 2004 Pontiac Grand Am
      Mandi - 2004 Hyundai Sante Fe
v  November - Mandi starts new job (again)
                            2005
v  Jan - celebrate 1 year with a trip to Chicago
v  March - buy our first home and get a new puppy - Beau ;)
v  April - Mandi loses job - decides to stay home with Kaelyn
v  July - Mike loses job gets new one - Nephew Josh is born
v  Sept - Mandi gets new part-time job at O.S. and Kaelyn starts Preschool at O.S., travel to Florida as Godparents for Josh
v  Nov - Mike gets laid off - starts working part-time at Dicks
                            2006
v  Jan - 2 years together - Mike signs up for Air Force and we put house on the market
v  Feb - Valentine's Day - Mike leaves for Basic Training
v  March - Find out preggo
v  April - Mike graduates BMT and moves to Biloxi for Tech School
v  May - Kaelyn and Mandi move in with her parents
v  June - Kaelyn turns 4, visit Mike in Biloxi
v  July - Move to Colorado
v  Sept - Kaelyn starts Pre-K again on base
v  Oct - 30th - Jordyn Marie is born
v  Nov - travel home to midwest for Jordyn's baptism
v  Dec - 1st - find out after we left from our trip, our home (being rented) caught on fire
                   2007
v  Jan - 3 years together - house starts getting worked on after over 30,000 in damage
v  Feb - Nephew Noah is born
v  March-April - Mandi and girls travel to Spfld for Noah's baptism (Godson) and to help finish up reno's on house
v  June - Kaelyn turns 5, House back on market
v  July - trade in Sante Fe for first Mini-Van - travel to Midwest for Mike's sisters wedding and visit family
v  Sept - HOUSE FINALLY SELLS AFTER BEING OUT FOR OVER 1 YEAR! Kaelyn starts Kindergarten
v  Oct - Jordyn turns one
v  Nov - December spend first Thanksgiving AND Christmas away from family
                        2008
v  Jan -  4 years together
v  April - Mandi b-day trade in van for 2008 Pontiac G-6
v  May - first camping trip in COLORADO
v  June - Kaelyn turns 6, we move back to Missouri with Mike's parents, get out of Active Duty and join Air National Guard
v  Aug - Mike starts job at Edward Jones
v  Sept - I go back to school; Kaelyn starts 1st Grade
v  Oct - Jordyn turns 2; starts preschool 3 days a week
v  Nov - Mike goes back to Biloxi for ANG Training            
                  2009
v  Jan - 5 years together - Nephew Evan born
v  Feb - Mike returns from Biloxi  - Niece Allison born
v  Mar - we start looking for a house
v  June - Kaelyn turns 7!
v  July - Nephew Andrew is born; Mandi graduates and starts new job - Mike starts new job
v  August - decide to BUILD our home; Kaelyn starts 2nd grade
v  October - Godson Jacob born, my Grandpa Dyroff dies, Jordyn turns 3; break ground for new home
              2010
v  Jan - 6 years together, travel to Sedalia, MO for Godson Jacob's baptism
v  Feb - start painting and purchasing stuff for new house
v  March - Mandi quits working, we move in to new home; Kaelyn switches schools
v  April - back to Chicago for getaway (what better way to celebrate a new home, than to get away from it for a weekend!)
v  June - Kaelyn turns 8!
v  Aug - Kaelyn starts 3rd grade; Jordyn goes 2 days for pre-k
v  Oct. Jordyn turns 4 and we announce preggo with #3
v  Nov. - go to DISNEY for first time for all 4 of us, spend Thanksgiving with Mandi's sister in FL
               2011
v  Jan - 7 years together
v  Feb - Mandi starts new job (not sure why at 5 mo pregnant)
v  Apr - Mandi starts working from home
v  June - Kaelyn turns 9! Kynslee Ann born 3 weeks early! YAY
v July - Kynslee's baptism
v  Aug - Kaelyn starts 4th grade, Jordyn starts last year of Pre-K
v  Sept - Mike finishes last month with ANG; trade in G6 for 2011 Traverse (i am keeping this one til its paid off, i swear)
v  Oct - We go to our first World Series game! Jordyn turns 5!


      So, anyway, if you are still with me after all of that ... you will see its been quite an adventure. The Lord has truly blessed us in these 8 years together - and it has been nice to look back on it all. Most importantly He has provided Mike a great job, which he enjoys, that allows me to live out my lifelong dream of motherhood and being a wife. Even though my original goal included having ONLY BOYS and living at home with my parents forever ... God's plan has worked out perfectly with 3 healthy, wonderful daughters and a beautiful home of our own. I can't wait to see where the next 8 years takes us! So, stay tuned! 

4 comments:

  1. U missed godson Jacob! Crazy whirlwinds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! And ask me how when I have his gift sitting in my office READY TO SHIP!?!?!?! Unbelievable. I must have gone back 10 times to add a kid I forgot ... even one of my OWN! WHOOPS?!?! Guess I shouldn't be thinking that hard at 2 in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet! Happy 8 year anniversary! Following from Mom Loop. Vicky from Mess For Less

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for visiting Vicky! And thanks for the "sweet" comment! I wasn't expecting to get so detailed in our recap of the years together ... but I guess we had more big moments than I thought!

    ReplyDelete